Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Journey to Entrepreneurship




 Fresh mind...

Anyone can do business, but not anyone is willing to learn to be better in that field.  Many just think of money when they hear the word "business."  But the journey to do a successful continuous business is important.  To smoothen the road I have chosen, I decided to take Entrepreneurship through BYU Pathway Worldwide-BYU Idaho.  The first subject will help me set the right entrepreneur mindset.  This is really important.  I surely know that this will help me become a better businesswoman.  I will definitely learn a lot which I am excited to practice and share with others.

I feel the will to succeed and help others to live with dignity by providing them with decent jobs.  As I read the assigned texts and watch the videos given, I felt a confirmation of my calling.  

Here's to Week 1

Lessons Learned:

Studying is like a feast.  There's a lot that I have learned but let me share some of my favorites...

1.  Be Faithful and Competent!

You know, it is a wonderful thing to be faithful, but a much greater thing to be both faithful and competent.  There is no particular virtue in being uninformed, certainly no virtue in ignorance.  When young people can acquire the skills, the techniques, and the knowledge of these times, and along with it have a spiritual commitment and a solid faith and cleanliness of life, there is nothing that you can’t achieve; nothing in righteousness or in reason.  (Elder Richard L. Evans, From an address given to the young people at the Northwest Inland Division Gathered for Zion’s Camp, October 15, 1971)

2.  Be Self-Reliant!  To quote the saying, "You cannot lift another person unless you are standing on higher ground!"

Can we see how critical self-reliance becomes when looked upon as the prerequisite to service, when we also know service is what Godhood is all about?  Without self-reliance one cannot exercise these innate desires to serve. How can we give if there is nothing there?  Food for the hungry cannot come from empty shelves.  Money to assist the needy cannot come from an empty purse.  Support and understanding cannot come from the emotionally starved.  Teaching cannot come from the unlearned.  And most important of all, spiritual guidance cannot come from the spiritually weak.  (President Marion G. Romney, Conference Report, October 1982, pg. 135) 

3.  Surround yourself with the best people "NETWORK"

"Extraordinary things happen when you surround yourself with smart, talented, driven, good
people who share your mission. Here’s a simple rule of thumb: an extraordinarily talented and
dedicated person gets ten times more done than the merely good person, and the good person ten
times more than the average performer. When it comes to employees, if you set the incentives
correctly, you can’t overpay the best." - Jeff Sandefer

I have written a lot of things in my learning journal and I cannot write everything here.  Right now, I am overwhelmed with the treasures of knowledge from many different successful people.  I am blessed that there are a lot of people willing to share their knowledge to help others succeed.  I need to always be a glass never full, like the "permanent beta" of Reid Hoffman.  He said, "You can always do better, you can always learn more..." he also said that I can do that by understanding how important is the network around me.  





Plans for the Future:

I am now excited to read the 3 books:

  1. Hero's Journey

  2. Launching Leaders

  3. Mastery

Books are friends, like what was mentioned in the video, Introduction-Launching leaders "Great friends have great ideas!"  I am hoping to read and learn more from great minds.  More importantly, apply the principles I am learning one step at a time!  "DREAM BIG but start with SMALL STEPS!"-Jeff Sandefer










No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrating Life as a Disciple of God

I am privileged to be a student of this course, ENTREPRENEURSHIP.  To other students who will be taking this course, I would like to share w...