Thursday, January 26, 2023

Measuring Life

 


I will be a hypocrite if I will say that money was not the first motivator I and my husband had when we started the business.  It was our prayer to have a business that will sustain us in our country a few years back.  However, as the company grows, I realized that it is not really all about money.  But Frederick Herzberg was right when he said that "the powerful motivator was the opportunity to learn, grow in responsibilities, contribute to others, and be recognized for achievements."

Matt Salzberg of Harvard Business School Class of 2010 also shared his motivations.  His motivations are his family and loved ones, fun, exciting and impactful activities or experiences, and business that will change the world!  I find that similar to my motivations.  


When I was young, I always hear adults saying, "do what you love and the money will follow."  As I grow up, I learned from those around me that not all people who do what they love, get rich.  Money did not follow them. As I study my modules in Entrepreneurship, I came across a speaker that says, "do what you love, follow your bliss - blisters"  There will be hardships in doing one's passion but as what Francis Ford Coppola told Tom Kelley, "do what you love because you'll be better at it."


In the video of Acton Hero, Sharon Mays shared some inspiring words.  She said that we should not really listen to the discouraging words of the world.  She also said that we should give time for ourselves to learn things we do not know yet.  Here's how she exactly said those words:



Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin said powerful words which can help people to persevere.  


Having faith in God will make us make the impossible, possible!  God loves us despite of our imperfections.  That is true love!

Elder Wirthlin said something else that I really need to follow.  He said:


We should really take care of our health.  An unhealthy lifestyle will shorten our lives and time and ability to serve in God's kingdom here on earth.  This is a wake-up call to me and everyone!  

I hope that I cannot forget the wonderful things I learned this week!  I am looking forward to learning more about my week 5 modules.  I am also looking forward to applying some of what I learned in real life.  I finished reading the book, "Launching Leaders."  I am now looking forward to reading the book, "Mastery."  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrating Life as a Disciple of God

I am privileged to be a student of this course, ENTREPRENEURSHIP.  To other students who will be taking this course, I would like to share w...