Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Disciple Leadership in Business

     Isn't it wonderful that 'disciple leadership" is possible in business?  Whenever I talk to someone, I always tell them to enroll in BYU Pathway!  To increase secular and spiritual knowledge, I encourage them to study certificate courses in BYU Idaho or Ensign College online courses even if they already had their bachelor's degree.  I believe that if I can influence more people to commit to lifelong learning through Pathway Worldwide, all relationships and institutions will drastically improve even in their homes. It is because each student will learn how to be a "disciple leader." 


    I think it is impossible for a company to NOT succeed if the leader leads like Jesus.  With faith, I will do my best to be the company owner with a small "L."


    This week, I learned how to better manage the company and better manage myself as one of the leaders.  Staff selection is crucial.  The best person should be selected to have a great team.


    Before I opened the modules, I spoke to my husband/business partner that we need to hire staff that will help us in sales, furniture designs, etc.  I am really glad that the videos and articles I am required to read were like talking to me and mentoring me on how to do it.  "People like Rowan, attract more people like Rowan."  I hope I can find my "Rowans" as I also become one.  


Jim Collins' statement even confirmed my thoughts when he mentioned hiring the right people.



    May I be guided, as I meticulously search for the right people and keep them.  Right now, I am on my search for the right people.  I am already making plans on how to make them stay.  I know skilled people with great minds will only stay with great offers.  The article, "A Message to Garcia, Will You Deliver It?" mentioned most of the things I need to do to select staff, and how to handle and keep staff.  It was actually my perfect guide.  I had taken notes in my learning journal so I can always refer to it if needed.

    I need more courage to make my vision into reality.  I pray every day that I can be more organized with my daily tasks.  I had been loaded with multiple tasks the past weeks after the trade fair.  In the same article, something was said about Courage...


    I will face my Goliaths!  That is the only key to the doors of opportunities that will bless my life and the life of others.  I know God is with me in this.  I am looking forward to learning more about the things I need to make miracles in the business world.  Jim Richie has Elder David B. Haight and the great-great-grandson of Hyrum Smith as his mentors.  My community has no network such as that.  It's one of the reasons I need to push myself more.  As I become "Rowan" in my field, I can attract more "Rowan" or empower more people to be like "Rowan" which will bless the next generation with mentors like "Rowan," Elder David B. Haight, and Hyrum Smith.  I am looking forward to learning the process through reading and feasting on the study materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrating Life as a Disciple of God

I am privileged to be a student of this course, ENTREPRENEURSHIP.  To other students who will be taking this course, I would like to share w...