I almost saw Monalisa's painting when I had a short trip to Paris after the trade fair in Germany. There was a long queue to view her painting which was painted by the infamous Leonardo da Vinci. One of his quotations mentioned in the talk of Elder Tanner was that "the height of a man's success is gauged by his self-mastery..." Self-mastery is not achieved with comfort but with trials. Attending a trade fair was definitely not a bed of roses. It is full of pressure. The onsite coordinators I am expecting to perform their duties did not meet my expectations. The ethical style distinction banner which I worked hard for our company to receive was not hung. Most of my efforts were wasted. However, rather than dwell on negativity, I trusted in the Lord.
Last week's message of Jeff Sanderer says that:
I went to the Temple and Church. So despite all the trials, I know God will help me. Because our booth is small for ten companies, the coordinator asked me to bring only three products. According to him, the space needs to be divided equally, but looking at all the companies, I felt bad that I only had two products displayed and my big mirror was tucked behind other companies' products. Despite speaking to the assigned person about all my complaints, I had no success. As a new company like mine, I had no voice, but God heard me. Who could possibly receive client inquiries when I'm surrounded by so many other companies with so many products? The only thing I displayed was my nesting tables and ottoman, but because I was standing next to them, companies seeking suppliers approached me. God made me visible when I know I am not. Now, it is time for me to allow miracles to flow as I continuously communicate with these clients and seal the deal. I managed to control my emotions and turn the disappointment I felt into an inspiration to trust God and work harder. I indeed got lucky! I am though, still in the process of self-mastery.
Here's my picture at the trade fair:
These teachings from the Acton foundation are a good reminder:
Knowledge is power. Out of the three areas of knowledge mentioned, Industry knowledge is of utmost importance. Once you get this knowledge, you can easily identify and take the extraordinary opportunity. I am glad that networking helped me get more knowledge of how to deal with the foreign market. God sent me the mentors I need. A few weeks ago, I was asking for miracles. I asked God to send me mentors I need to guide me in exporting procedures. I realized, he surrounded me with experienced exporters who are not selfish to share what they know. They became good friends of mine.
I am amazed at how the modules are arranged. The lessons are just at the right timing with what's happening in my life right now. I am looking forward to learning a lot more. All of these will help as I master myself as an entrepreneur.
May God bless my mind with more new designs. May God soften the hearts of my clients to trust our company so that in so doing, we can help more people in the community by providing jobs for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment