Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Keeping the passion

 


    I would like to focus on three lessons I've learned for Week 7 modules.  One from Gandhi, "They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them."  Many times, we get discouraged and stop pursuing what we truly love to do.  In addition to causing more pain, focusing on the remarks of others clouds the mind and clouds judgement.  In the future, we believe these fallacies and think about ourselves in light of what others say about us.  We can stop this by believing that we are children of God.  We are endowed with divine qualities.  Therefore, we are eligible to make miracles in our lives.  Even if others do not respect us or speak unkind words to us, we can still be confident of ourselves... high morale... with self-respect...  It can never be taken away from us unless we allow it as stated by Gandhi.



    We are of course, not perfect.  There will be times that we forget and make mistakes.  Like what President Gordon B. Hinkley said, we should discipline ourselves when we find ourselves slipping under the pressure of circumstances.  Doing this will help us to be true to ourselves, true to our God.




    Lastly, I would like to follow the counsels of Pres Hinckley to be that friend someone can rely on.  Someone who will be there through thick and thin.  As husband and wife with four kids and businesses, it is so easy to always be irritated and get into arguments.  However, we can also strive to be the very best friends.  Of all people, we are the ones who should understand each other the most.  I felt that as we both strive to be nice, understanding, and sweet towards one another, more blessings flow into our family, both spiritually and temporally.  I felt that God trusts us more.  My efforts to be a good friend to others, particularly to other new entrepreneurs, have led me to find more opportunities.  

    Although I am feeling pressure right now, I consider these pressures a good thing because they allow me to grow as an entrepreneur.  Having God as my guide, I know I can accomplish these things even when I have limited time to study.  I am sure God will speak to me as I study the lessons in the future.  I can be the kind of entrepreneur He wants me to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrating Life as a Disciple of God

I am privileged to be a student of this course, ENTREPRENEURSHIP.  To other students who will be taking this course, I would like to share w...